So – it’s been a busy few weeks. I set up an Etsy shop, ClayDreamsPottery and have been putting a lot of hours writing and rewriting, tweaking and retweaking my shop stuff, working at getting more pots photographed and listed. This is much harder than it should be since I’m a bit technophobic, computer illiterate and way out of my comfort zone when I encounter something unfamiliar computer wise. I have to reinvent the wheel over and over again. I’m figuring it out slowly but surely.
Today, I’m running a full bisque kiln this morning, then tomorrow or Saturday go into a glazing frenzy, then finally run a glaze kiln. I guess one good thing about insomnia is that I can start all this 2 a.m.
I’m anxious to see how the spiny things turn out. I plan to stain them, fire them and then lace them back together with a thin leather thong. I hope it’s going to match the picture I’ve been carrying around in my head for a long time.
FYI – The spiny things behaved exactly how I’d hoped (for once)! The toothpicks burned away, leaving perfectly shaped holes for lacing them together later. I LOVE it when a plan comes together!
Wow, I slept late this morning – til a whole 4 a.m.! If you guessed this week wasn’t exactly a good one sleepwise, in other ways it absolutely rocked. Let’s see. What happened this week? OK, got it.
- Mr. Insomniac had cataract surgery on his right eye on Wednesday morning and is doing great! He is seeing better than he’s ever seen, 20/30 on the right about 24 hours after surgery.
- I sold a pot in my Etsy shop, ClayDreamsPottery
- I’ve had time to work on several knitting projects that have been languishing for what seems like forever. If I haven’t mentioned it before, I also have a knitting blog. You can check out this particular alter ego at http://iknead2knit.net.
- Filled a pew at Mass last Sunday with nearly the entire fam, three grands, a son, a daughter in law that I love, my bestie, who happens to be dear d-i- l’s mother, me and Mr. Insomniac.
- Successful glaze firing of pots to restock my Etsy shop. Shop update is tentatively scheduled for April 22.
I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on man unless they act. G. K. Chesterton